Monday, May 30, 2016

Revelation!


This weekend was probably one of the most spiritual weekends on my mission.  It started on Friday.  We had Zone Conference on Friday.  I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't expecting to learn anything and I was kinda dreading it because the past ones have just been about how either kids are the best missionaries or that we should invite people to the temple.  So for the hour long train ride to Hamburg I had the feeling, "Well I guess I could try to prepare for Zone Conference, so I started reading my scritures, and I came across a quote from President Marion G. Romney that really impacted me and it was," Real personal sacrifice never was placing an animal on the altar.  Instead, it is a willingness to put the animal in us upon the altar and letting it be consumed!"(Conference April 1995)  On the same topic, Elder Maxwell later taught," As you submit your wills to God, you are giving him the only thing you can actually give him that is really yours to give".  I read this quote and had never really thought about this.  I thought to myself, "what could I sacrifice to God so that I can be a better missionary?"  Well at this time, it was time to get off the train.  But the thought kept staying in my mind and I sat down for Zone Conference and then the AP's and President talked about the exact same quote!  It was just like, WOW, that was definately revelation.  That Zone Conference was just great, we also had an "Interview" with Jesus Christ and that was really just so powerful.  We split into two groups and we went into a room and there in the room was a picture of Christ and questions on the wall.  No lie, it really felt like he was there asking those questions.

The next day we had the first day of Stake Conference and that was great as well.  I went to the leadership meeting because of my calling in the Young Mens.  Well, President Fingerle was at that meeting and he was pretty surprised to see me there, haha.  I had forgotten to tell him I had a Ward calling as Young Mens Advisor, but I explained everything to him and everything is good.  Man that was such a good stake conference, there was a musical number which was,"Savior Redeemer of my Soul".  I love this song, not the hymnbook version, but a different one.  There was a woman at the piano and a guy playing the flute and singing.  It was so beautiful it almost brought me to tears.  Most of what was talked about in stake conference was helping other people, especially all of the refugees.  And in leadership meeting we talked about service because that is what leadership it.  I talked with President Fingerle afterwards and he said some things he expects of me as his leader, then I was like well I'm not one of your leaders, then he was like, "Well not yet, but transfer calls are today".  So here is what happened..

My new companion is Elder Miller.  Yes Mom, the one who's blog that you like.  I have heard good things about him and I'm determined to get along with him.  But I'm also district leader now so we will see how that goes.  But I know that who the Lord calls, he will qualify as well.  Any suggestions, quotes, or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.  I'm scared, but now I really do know that Christ is always there for me, and I'm excited for what the future holds for me.

Life is about to be super busy with being District Leader and Young Men's Advisor, so I would really appreciate your prayers.  I love you guys and miss you, but there's no where I would rather be than where I am now!

Elder Spangenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment