Wednesday, October 14, 2015

German humor!

 We saw this on a house we almost doored.  It translates to: We don't want to buy anything, we don't want to donate anything and we don't want to change our religion.  So Don't ring on our door!  I thought that was funny and totally German.

Well things this week are good, but the branch is getting smaller and smaller every week.  We did a street display this week and that was really successful.  We handed out about 15 Book of Mormons in just 2 hours, so we saw great results from that.  We also saw, Meet the Mormons in German which was different but good.  This time I understood what the people were saying in German during the candy bomber part!  haha
We watched General Conference in German but I understood it all, it's amazing to think that I can speak German after less than a year in Germany!

Well, I finally figured out what everyone was meaning by the pondering scripture thing.  We watched the Sunday Evening session of conference on Sunday.  I thought it was really good.  Me and my companion have decided to ponder Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Our branch sings awful, like quiet squealing geese.  One of the songs I was playing had 5 verses so I got to the fourth verse and thought we were done.  As a pianist you don't pay attention to what verse you are on, you only pay attention to the notes.  I tried to depict what words they were singing to determine what verse they were on.  Well like I said before, the branch sings so bad and quiet, I couldn't tell what words they were singing so I stopped, thinking that we were done.  The conductor even sat down, which is Elder Gill, so I think he also got confused, haha.  One the the members was like, "Don't we have one more?  I was like oh, "Uh Entschuldigung", which means,"Whoops sorry", and we played the last verse.  It was kind of funny.  I think I am going to have to sing as I play the organ now...

We went by a less active who lives in the complete boonies, but it was good. She is really shy and doesn't talk much.  We showed her a talk on her I Pad and then asked what she liked about it.  She was like yeah, I could hear it well, that was good.   So yeah we have a ways to go.

We went by another less active.  He invited us in and I didn't feel good about it, but we still went it.  Well, turns out he believes in teleportation and weird stuff;  like other spirits and he said his spirit separated from his body while he was asleep and yeah all sorts of things.  He believes that Christ is reincarnated on the earth and he said he talked to one tree.  He also drinks coffee because it helps him to see spirits or something.  He had us do these two things where we move our feet weird and yeah wasn't good.  I was feeling we needed to leave and right when I got the chance I took it.  Before we left, he said let's end with a prayer, so he said the weirdest prayer I have ever heard.  We are probably not visiting that man for a while.   Elder Larsen wants to go back, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

We might be getting a new apartment, we will see.  This week we get our flu shots(wish me luck).  We also have interviews with the Mission President.  He is trying to do them every month (with 240 missionaries) bless his heart.

Mom, thanks for the organ videos!  They were like gold.  I can almost play that song in the video on the organ.  (I video taped our piano teacher giving him a lesson playing a sacrament hymn on the organ)

It has been so cold these past couple of days.  Yeah the Gills are great.  We do something together pretty much everyday.  She has sewed a couple of holes in my pants and they are taking me to the dermatologist later this week.

This is the Schmidt dog.  It is a really funny pug.  It had to wear a cushion around it's neck because it was biting its tail.  I thought it was so funny.  The man holding the dog is our progressing investigator. He is doing really good, he doesn't smoke anything compared to what he used to.  He only smokes when his wife is around because she still smokes and doesn't really want to give it up.

Elder Spangenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment