Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Gift of Tongues!

We found 3 new investigators this week so now we have some people to teach.  We ate at Mr. Woos again with a member.  It's a Chinese buffet and this time they had really exotic food.  I had Kangaroo and shark meat, it tasted really good.  My companion was a daredevil and decided to try the squid, he definitely regrets that, haha.

  But most of our week was finding and dooring.  We had 2 appointments with the Memetovich Family.  I gave him a priesthood blessing in German.  I was really nervous first, but then I realized I shouldn't be nervous about it and gave him one.  So they might be going back to Serbia this week.  They only received 4 more days in Germany, so if you could pray for his family and that everything will be okay then that would be great!

 We helped so many people with directions.  Everybody thinks we work for Deutsche Bahn (German Trains) because they wear suits, so they always ask us for directions.  One guy we talked to was totally drunk, but he took our card, so hopefully he will call us.

 We biked like 30 km on Saturday and our legs were so sore after that!  We helped another family move into the ward.  Our ward is actually pretty big now, it's over 100 active memebers!  Also on Saturday, we saw some guy just jump out of the bushes after doing drugs.  It was pretty weird.

The German is coming alone.  I am trying to learn at least 2 new words everyday.  I know that the gift of tongues is real, I can't believe I can speak German after less than a year.  It's really cool when people ask you how long you studied German and you say only since I've been on my mission(8 months) and they are like, "What, no way!"

I know this church is true.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God.  I know that God loves us and knows us.  I know that Christ suffered for our sins and that when we believe and have faith in him, we can return to live with him again.

Elder Spangenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment