Monday, May 18, 2015

Transfers!

I am staying in Delingsdorf!  My new companion is Elder Smith.  He trained Elder Oliphant.  He seems pretty cool, I have heard he is really funny.  He spoke with my on the phone with a British accent--however, I know he's from Utah.  In fact he went to Timpview High School with Elder Morton.  He seems excited and I am sure we will have a great time together.

We changed our Pday this week because Elder Benfell wanted to go to the Hamburg Art Museum.  So we spent about 3 hours there.  I didn't care too much for it, but my companion loved it.

Then we had a lesson with a less active investigator.  It was interesting, she told us about something serious in the past that I wish I didn't hear about, but we had a good lesson with her.

This week there was a Holiday in Germany: Christi Himmel Fahrt.  It is a Catholic Holiday  that celebrates Jesus going up to Heaven after he talked with his disciples.  Well, in Germany it's just a holiday for drinking.  They call it Father's Day, but pretty much  all you see are drunk 20 year olds on the street walking with wagons full of beer and blasting loud music.  It was quite a sight!  We had to be in our apartment earlier that day because of all the drunk people, so that was fun.

We helped one of our investigators move this week to a new area, so that was cool, she even said we could give her name and number to the missionaries in the new area she moved to.  We also went by the hospital for the Lubeck Elders and gave a man a blessing.  He is really cool and he was on baptismal date, so hopefully when he recovers, he will be able to make some progress.  We also had a couple of lessons with the Memetovich family.  It is now week to week, whether they will be able to stay.  We will keep praying for them and hopefully things will be okay for them.

Well transfer calls happened this week.  They came Friday night, which is weird because it's usually Saturday morning.  My companion, Elder Benfell is being transfered to Nienburg to be companions with my own Zone Leader last transfer, Elder Bankhead.

I left my camera at the Bishop's house and I just barely got it, so no pictures this week.

Elder Spangenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment