Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day Skype!


I got to skype my family for 40 minutes!  It was good to see them again.  I also got updated on sports, etc...
Pday wasn't that special because we had our apartment check, but we passed so everything is good.  We tightened  my bed so it's better and doesn't squeak so much.

We went on exchanges this week and I went with Elder Headley, he is from Canada and is in his 2nd transfer.  We had a very productive exchange.  We ended up finding 2 new investigators together and we spoke German the whole time.  I have never spoke German the whole time on an exchange.  We also had a lesson with a new convert which was awesome.  She bore her testimony about the church and how it has blessed her life.

The Memetovich family is doing okay.  This week they find out whether they have to go back to Serbia or if they can stay.  Macedonia is starting to go to war against another and that is right next to Serbia, so Memet is very scared about going back to Serbia.  We just try to assure him that everything will be okay.
We had an eating appointment during the week with a member and that was good.  They have a son who is less active and has ruined his life because of video games; he can't see that well because of them.  It is really sad, but we hope to start teaching him and get him to come to church.

Saturday we helped build a playground for this school, it was fun, even though there were so many people there and they didn't really need our help, it was cool to go there and socialize with the people.  This week there was also the biggest storm I have ever been in.  It was like a hurricane.  Trees fell on the train tracks so the trains couldn't move, so we had to take buses home which took forever.

Sunday our eating appointment was amazing.  We talked about sharing our testimony and we committed them to pray for an opportunity for them to share their testimony with other people.
.
Well that's my week.  Next week is the last week of the transfer, so transfer calls are coming....I am pretty sure I am staying here, but who knows what could happen.  My mom asked me to tell some good things about my companion.  He is very charitable and he is nice to everyone.

My Mission President suggested we read this book: Man's Search for Meaning, by Viktor E. Frankl, after our mission.  It's about a concentration camp story.

Elder Spangenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment