Sunday, May 10, 2015

Taco Week!

On Pday this week we went shopping and did emails and then I took a much needed nap while my companion wrote letters.  I have not been sleeping, the bed is pretty squeaky.  They only way I can sleep is if I put ear plugs in, but then my ears hurt when I wake up the next morning. I did try taking the mattress off and putting it on the floor, but I slept worse.  The senior mission couple came by to do apartment checks and said they would report it to the mission office.

We had a couple of appointments with the Memetovich family which were good.  We are just trying to keep them spiritually strong so that when they go back to Serbia they can be baptized.

We did go on an exchange with the Zone Leaders.  I went to Kiel and was with Elder Blake.  We had a very productive exchange.  We helped a member move, went to institute, and found an investigator.  It was great!  I also got to see Sister Titensor because she serves in Kiel and that was cool.  Coming back we ended up buying the wrong ticket .  So the train person made us get off and buy a ticket; right as we were getting off to buy a ticket, the train left!  So then we had to wait an hour for another one to come, so we were late for District Meeting, but that's okay.  Then the next day we had a eating appointment with a member family.  It was a really good appointment and we had tacos!! That was the first time  I have had them since I've been in Germany.

On Friday we had to go back to Kiel for a meeting, so we traveled for most of the day, because it takes about 2 hours to get to Kiel.
Saturday, we played soccer in the morning with the members.  There was a lot of members there, some people from the other ward showed up so that was fun!  I'm getting pretty good at playing goalie here!! haha  We also had another member eating appointment.  He told us his life story, which was really sad, but he has a pretty strong testimony.  He complained that the church doesn't have the Book of Mormon in Persish(??).  Well they do, but only half of it.

Sunday was a pretty good day.  Church was good.  Memet and a couple of his kids came.  Then we had an eating appointment and guess what we had...Tacos!!  Then we had the best dessert I have ever had...the food is just so good here!  Then we had an appointment with a new investigator.  We went to the house and there were actually 2 guys there.  They both came from Iran on foot.  They walked 8 months to get here.  They love Iran, but not the Muslims and what is going on there.  So we just got 2 new investigators! Yay

I am playing in Priesthood and a member gave me a key board to practice on during the week. The weather is really unpredictable here because we are next to the coast.  It rains a lot here.  See you soon on the Mother's Day skype!

Elder Spangenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment