Monday, May 25, 2015

New Transfer, New Companion!

This week was the beginning of another transfer.  I have been out for over 7 months and it has flown by.  My last companion, Elder Benfell went to Nienburg.  We didn't get along that well, but I learned to love him.  My new companion is Elder Smith.  He went to Timpview High School, like a lot of other missionaries here.  We get along really well.  We both work hard and like to have fun.

On Monday (Last day of the last transfer) we had a lesson with the Memetovich family from Serbia.  My companion gave them both a Priesthood Blessing before he left.  They were really sad that he was leaving and there were lots of tears shed, but I assured Elder Benfell that they will be in good hands.  We also had a lesson with Claudia, a new convert who was baptized 2 transfers ago.  She is so cool.  Her story is just amazing.  She is a single mom who works over 60 hours a week to provide for her family.  She has such a strong testimony of the gospel.


Tuesday, we spent all day at the Hamburg Hauptbanoff(train exchange place).  I got to try the famous Hamburg Pomm Donner and it was amazing.  Then I met my new companion and we went finding.  Every day this week when we go finding we have found a new investigator.

We now have 2 progressing investigators in Delingsdorf.   One of them doesn't speak that good of German, but he read the Book of Mormon in his native tongue, and he said that he believes the book is true.  He has prayed about it as well.  We also had a lesson with an eternal investigator.  She kept saying that when she gets an answer, then she will join the church.  Except she only reads in the Book of Mormon, she doesn't pray about it or go to church.  She thinks God will just tell her it's true without any effort on her part.  It made me think about that in my life, when we expect something but don't really work or do anything to make it happen.

We finally received our IPads this week!!! We can only use them for scriptures and email for a couple of weeks, then President Kosak is supposed to let us use facebook.  They are really cool.  I also got to see my companion from the MTC (Elder Gibbs) at Zone Training Meeting.  It was great to talk to him and see how he is doing.

One a side note, my companion has been sick lately.  We think it might have something to do with the apartment.  So this week, we spent a lot of meal time in cleaning the apartment.  I gave him a blessing on Sunday and he felt well enough to go to church. So hopefully he will be able to get better soon.
 It has been raining a lot here.  I feel like my German has been progressing this week.  President Kosak has asked our mission to have 250 baptisms by the end of June, when he leaves.  Last week our mission had 13!
 I hope you all have a fantastic week!
Elder Spangenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment