Monday, September 14, 2015

TRANSFERED!!

Brother Pinder and Elder Spangenberg
Brother Pinder is the first counselor in the Bishopric and is from the Bahamas.  He has one of the most lively personalities I have ever met.  He served his mission in France, Luxembourg and Belgium.

Questions from Mom: The other blogs talked about interviews last week with the mission President being in German, how was yours? Yeah, it was in German but it wasn't a problem.  I understood everything and it didn't feel much different than the one in English.
Nienburg Aerial View

Well my days here in Delingsdorf are done.  I have been transfered to Nienburg.(Pronounced knee-en-burg)  It is a small city by Hannover.  I am really excited to go there.  The branch has....16 members! And 4 of them are missionaries!  That's going to be a lot different than 120 here. There is a Senior Couple in the area with us, so I'm excited for that.  The city is right next to a river and all the members here said that the city is really pretty.  My companion is younger than me by 2 transfers.  He also went to...Timpview to High School!  Wow my 3rd straight companion to go there.  I think I still have time to be companions with all of the Elders that went to Timpview here, haha.
  
Elder Smith is staying here and a elder who served in Lubeck is coming to Delingsdorf.   Sister Brim is still in my district, she is going to be a sister trainer leader in Hannover!
I am really stoked to serve in Nienburg.  For those of you that know, my family ancestors are from Hannover and I will be in the Hannover zone and this city is right by Hannover.  We are allowed to go to Hannover on Pdays, so that will be fun.  So far, I have served in the 1st, 2nd, and now the 3rd biggest city in our mission.

It has been raining a lot and it's impossible to go street contacting when it is raining.  But a cool story happened this week.  So me and my companion were in bed and it was bedtime and our phone was sitting on the desk. Sometimes we just leave it on the desk when it charges at night.  I had the strange feeling to get our phone.  I knew the alarm was on, so I kind of put it off, then I kept feeling that we should have the phone by us and that it should be on ring.  So I finally got it.  Later that night at 11:30 p.m. a lady called us....the missionaries gave her a card and her brother died 7 days before and she specifically wanted a blessing and to learn more about our church.  So my companion talked to her and we set up an appointment with her.  Well the appointment fell out because she couldn't come, but she said she will call us when she can meet and that we are really nice people.  Me and my companion both were super tired and almost fell asleep the next day during church, but we decided that a consecrated missionary would have picked up the phone even at 11:30 pm and try to help others come to Christ.

Church was sad this week.  Some of the members said I have changed a lot since I came here.  They said when I first came that I was kind of reserved and held back.  They said I have opened my heart more, so I was happy to hear that.  I am going to miss this ward so much.  My last week we had 4 eating appointments! Yeah that's really right, 4.  Today it rained the whole day and one of the members said that the heavens were crying because I am leaving.

Elder Spangenberg and Mama Waterborgh
Seriously though, she is like the Missionaries Mom.  We probably had over 10 eating appointments with them, she gave us fresh bread every week, and gave me stuff when I was sick.  Yeah, pretty much my second mother!


Tobias and Aaron Waterborgh.
  We do emails every week at their house.  They are both really cool.


Waterborgh Family with me.The Dad is at work.



Joshus Fenzau.  
He is the one that stayed in America with a family.  He is so cool, I told him if he ever wants to come back to Utah he can stay with us.
Elder Smith and Elder Spangenberg

Today I read something in the scriptures that really impacted me.  I read in Mosiah 24 today, it talks about the people of Alma being persecuted for worshiping God.
13. And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
14. And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your back, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
15.  And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and the brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

I also really like what Richard G Scott said on this subject: "If we are entirely dependent upon God, then he can take our limitations and our weaknesses and magnify them into strengths useful for his divine purposes."
 "Problems or trials in our lives need to be viewed in the perspective of scriptural doctrine.  Other wise they can easily overtake our vision, absorb our energy, and deprive us of the joy and beauty the Lord intends us to receive here on earth.  Some people are like rocks thrown into a sea of problems.  They are drowned by them.  Be a cork.  When submerged in a problem, fight to be free to bob up to serve again with happiness."
  "The Lord is intent on your personal growth and development.  That progress is accelerated when you willingly allow him to lead you through every growth experience you encounter, whether initially it be to your liking or not.  When you trust in the Lord, when you are willing to let your heart and your mind be centered in his will, when you ask to be led by the spirit to do his will, you are assured of the greatest happiness along the way and the most fulfilling attainment from this mortal experience.  It you question everything you are asked to do, or dig in your heels at every unpleasant challenge, you make it harder for the Lord to bless you."


I know that Nienburg is where I am supposed to go.  I also know that it will be hard and a lot different than what I am used to.  I'm sure I will have to give talks fairly often and I don't like giving talks or public speaking, but I know that it will be for my good and for my benefit.  I know that the Lord will help me as I trust in him and in his timing.  My German still is no where near perfect, but I know that is is enough through the Lord's help.

  I've been told my new companion is really nice and works hard.  I feel that me and him are going to work great together and we will accomplish big things and be best of friends. Yes, I am scared and it will be uncomfortable at first.  But I know that blessings will come from it and that there are people in Nienburg, who need my testimony.  I go forward with a humble attitude and cheerful heart accepting the will of the Lord, knowing that it is best for me.
Have a great week!

Elder Spangenberg


Holstentor in Lubeck
This is probably the most famous landmark in Northern Germany. It was built in 1464 and is a Brick Gothic City Gate marking off the western boundary. This rich and wealthy city felt the need to protect itself from outside threats during the 1400's.





No comments:

Post a Comment