Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Finally 19!!

This week was my 19th birthday!!  Pday was spent buying a new suitcase, since my big one had the handle break off.  Tuesday was a member day.  We had an eating appointment with the members that were the mission president in the Alpine Mission.  Actually before that, our neighbor got really mad at us because our washing machine was running a little bit late the night before.  He was like really mad.  I just opened the door and there was a German man yelling at us!  Everything is okay now though, he thinks our washing machine is broken, but there's not really anything we can do about it because the person who takes care of that stuff is out of town.  A member called us during the day and we helped him paint.  It was actually fun, back at home I painted for my job and it reminded me of it.

Wednesday, we had district meeting.  Then we had another member appointment.  This time we met with  the Persian Member who went to America for 3 weeks.  He told us all about America, he went to Seattle and it sounded like he had a great time.

Thursday, was my birthday!  Family and Friends, Thanks for all the emails!   Mom and Dad, the package was really great!  We went  out to lunch for Chinese for my birthday and them we got ice cream.   Then we ripped out floorboard from the member's apartment that we painted at.  It was hard work, but I'm glad we were able to help him!

Friday, we had a fallen out appointment with a new investigator.  Then we had a member appointment with the family that we do emails at.  They are such a nice family.  Then we had exchanges with the Zone Leaders.  I was with Elder Blake and we came back to Delingsdorf for the next couple of days.  The exchange with him was great and he helped me a lot with my teaching.  We also went by a couple of contacts and got some appointments set up.   We set a goal to find new investigators.  Well it started to rain and we decided to stay in the rain and maybe we would meet someone that was prepared for us.  Sure enough, within the next couple of minutes we met 3 people who were interested in meeting with us this week!  Then we went back to Kiel to exchange back. On the way back there was problems with our train so we ended up being home way late.   There is always some problem whenever we go to Kiel.

Sunday, none of our investigators showed up for church.  The Memetovich family isn't making any progress now, we don't know what we are going to do about them.  They are definitely in our prayers.  He won't pray or read, even though he says he will so there is really nothing that we can do.
This week and last week were really hard, but we finally saw the rewards from working hard.  Right before Elder Blake and I found those 3 investigators, we met this one guy who was very mean.  He said something like, "Why are you here? You are not helping anyone; the world would be better off without you."  That was very discouraging, but we kept on going and we found the rewards from it.

The language is actually going good.  Me and my companion are only speaking German with each other for this week.  I have found the only way to improve is to listen to natives and speak it.

 I hope you all have a great week!  This week we have transfer calls.  I feel that I am leaving, but  I am ready for whatever happens!
Elder Spangenberg


No comments:

Post a Comment