Monday, July 6, 2015

Baptism Date!!!

We met one of our new investigators who is really cool, unfortunately we probably won't be able to teach him anymore because his family is Muslim and they are hostile towards Christians. He is really nice.
 We did exchanges this week with the Zone Leaders, and me and Elder Morton were together for a day,just like old times!He told me about Herr Merankovich or now Brother Merankovich.  He said that 8 people related to him he thinks will be baptized and that 3 of his family members are on baptismal date!We picked up just where we left off and we found 2 new investigators just like old times.  
Two of our investigators are now on baptismal date.  We were wondering what we could teach them before our appointment, because we have already taught them all of the lessons.  We decided they needed a goal or a vision so we had the feeling to talk about baptism.  We have talked about it a lot in the past, but he always shuts down the idea because of them being uncertain if they are going to stay here in Germany.We committed Memet and his wife to be baptised on the 25th of July!
 Our zone now has 8 baptismal dates I believe. That's crazy!

We had a couple of member appointments this week.  One of them was at a Chinese Buffet again, that place is kind of getting old, haha.  But the member was really nice and we had to go in our Pday clothes, because we helped a member move a washer, dryer, and fridge around.This week was also so hot, oh my goodness, it got up to 37 Celsius. Which is like 102 I think. (Mom's Note: 98.6 Fahrenheit)
This week we have Zone Conference,and I am really excited to meet President Fingerle,he seems really awesome.  It was amazing to hear Elder Morton tell about how the gospel of Jesus Christ changed Herr Merankoviche's life. I have seen the gospel change my life and other people around me.  Now it is our job as members to help foster the change in other peoples lives!

I love you all and hope you had a wonderful 4th of July!  We had a good fourth.  I wore my American tie and socks!

Elder Spangenberg

 Goofy District Picture
Elder Spangenberg with Elder Morton

No comments:

Post a Comment