Monday, June 6, 2016

New Companion!


Hey Everybody,
I am doing great!  I love my new companion, he is really nice and awesome and we just get along great.  He is actually a convert of about 3 years.  He is from Arizona and I'm the only one in the district that is from Utah.  It's like the most multi cultural district I've been in, usually Utah is the majority but now I'm the minority.

This last transfer week we didn't really teach anyone because it was so hectic with transfers.  We had our Ward Party on Saturday and that was really fun.  There were a billion mosquitos out and I decided to wear shorts, so I got bit all over my legs and arms.  I also stepped in some poison ivy playing capture the flag and that really hurt.  My legs used to be like tomato red, but now I feel better after using some oil from a member.

We did have a lesson with our recent convert and she has to move back to Hungary for family reasons, but the good thing is there is a branch in the town where she is moving to and it's only 15 minutes walking distance away!  So she was excited to hear that.  It will be good for her because then she will have church in her mother language so she will understand it much better.

It's super hot here, like approaching the 90s and it's really humid.  I feel like I'm always in a sauna because I sweat so much.  We were outside walking and talking to people and then we passed a grocery store.  So we decided to go in and

get something cool to drink or eat.  Well, we bought a package of popsicles because it was really cheap, there were 11 in the package to be exact and we sat down and split them.  So we each had like 5 popsicles!  After that our mouths were super numb, but it was a good break.

My companion is just really chill and I haven't had someone like him for a while.  We enjoy each other's company.  He doesn't like to go running in the mornings, but hopefully I can change that!
Now I'm really busy with district leader stuff and organizing things for the young men.  I'm always super stressed but it keeps me alert and on top of things!

Elder Spangenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment