Monday, April 4, 2016

Conference Week

 I hope everyone had a spiritually uplifting time hearing all of the conference talks.  I love how Elder Uchtdorf even spoke in German.  I have never been to Dresden but it's in my mission and I would love to see it. All the talks were great and I haven't even seen the last session yet.  With the time difference, it's too late for us to watch it, so we will see it next Sunday after church.  Hey, my companion and I had the best seats in the building...oh yah...we were the only ones.  Everyone else stayed home for 2 of the sessions and watched it there.

This week we were pretty much on the streets talking to people the whole time.  It's not really fun, but it's what you have to do when you want to find people to teach!  We were persecuted only a little, just people flipping us off and honking at us.  We just met with a really cool guy from Syria who has a real desire to learn if our church is true.  Sure, he probably was the one person out of the 30 or more people that we talked to that has interest, but it makes him totally worth it.

My companion and I are eating healthier, so we eat salad every week and lots of veggies. It's definitely a change from what most missionaries eat.  See the pictures below.

Now it is our job to read and reread the Conference talks to really get everything we can out of it.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet called of God and that he leads this church and has access to all the priesthood keys.  When we follow him we won't be led astray.

Question of the week from Mom:  What is the single most important thing you have learned on your mission?       Well, ultimately the thing that I have learned is that God really knows me personally.  Everywhere I have been, I know was right for me.  I love Neumunster, it's definitely going to be a favorite along with Nienberg.  Even though I didn't want to come up here (at all!), these members are the best members I have met.  They support my companion and I in everything and it's so great.  We went home teaching with an old Stake President in the ward and he was talking to us.  He was like, "You know I just can't picture the thought of you two leaving Neumunster.  You should come back, marry and stay in the ward."  We actually might take up his offer, haha.  But seriously, God knew that what I needed was Neumunster and I truly know that God knows me better than I know myself and just like Elder Halstrom said in conference, "You can have what you want, or you can have something better" from God that is.

Love,
Elder Spangenberg



No comments:

Post a Comment