Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Missions Tour

 Elder Smith and Elder Spangenberg enjoying ice cream!

Wow, summer is already over and it's back to school in Utah!  Oh dang, that stinks about no German teacher in Jr. High, Logan.  Yeah, I am excited for summer to end, I am sweating like a dog over here.  I am getting sick a lot lately.  I am eating healthy now so it's not that.  Like yesterday we had vegetable spaghetti, no meat or anything, it was like salsa on spaghetti noodles and it actually tasted really good.  Before I came to this apartment, I wasn't sick on my mission, so I don't know.

This week was a pretty good week.  We had Missions Tour this week and that was great.  We had 8 Elders in our apartment so no one got any sleep that night, haha!  The choir went actually better than we thought it would.  I haven't sung for forever, but somehow we all pulled it together after only 1 practice session.

Elder Paul V. Johnson of the first presidency of the 70 came to speak to us at Missions Tour.  He spoke to us about the spirit.  He spoke of how we need it as missionaries, but also the investigators need to feel it as well.  He helped us to understand how we can better help our investigators to feel the spirit.  I really like what Sister Fingerle said too.   She talked about Captain America, and what he went through to become strong and compared that to us and spoke of things we need to do to become what Elder Oakes says," Epistles of the Lord".

We found 2 new investigators this week!  They are a family from Albania.  Thankfully the wife speaks German.  We are really excited to meet with them, they are so nice.  We had some great conversations with people on the street too #seedsplanted.

The Memetovich family's phone broke.  So we literally have no way to contact them unless we take a train or bike to their house.  I have biked more in this area, than I have in my life, haha!

We had a great weekly planning session this week and now that we have some investigators to work with we are going to start seeing some success!

Elder Spangenberg



No comments:

Post a Comment